truebluemeandyou: How to make categories in your Tumblr sidebar. This is how my Halloween Blog used to look like and a friend asked how I made categories. Their are 2 ways - get theme with that function built in (and maybe there are more than there used to be but they were rare when I started blogging) or use HTML code - but always hit PREVIEW before SAVE.
How to Make Tags into Categories in Tumblr to Make Your Blog Easier to Search. There may be a better, easier way but I haven’t found it, and I’m not finished working on this theme as there’s this white dot I can’t get rid of!
When I started my new blog, Halloween Crafts, I wanted to use the theme I was comfortable with that had built in categories. But the theme I used for truebluemeandyou and rainbowsandunicornscrafts no longer exists. I found a theme I liked but it was a really minimal theme with almost no options. So I went on a long hunt for an easy way to add categories but everyone made it so horribly complicated.
I finally found the solution on a Tumblr blog that I can’t find now!
How to do it:
- If your blog has a sidebar you are set.
- Go to “customize” and then open up your HTML code.
- To easily find where to put the code go some place familiar in your blog (HTML code) by clicking “crtl” and “f” at the same time. Type in something like “archive” to get you close to where you want your categories to go.
- When you find where you want to put your categories type something like this.<font size=”2”><big><b><FONT COLOR=”ff9900”> Looking For Something?</font>Font Size: Set the size of your font with size. 1 is the smallest, 7 is the largest.Font Color: Go to google and type in “hex color html code” or you could just put “red”, “yellow”, “orange”, etc… instead. I couldn’t use the default because my background is black.<b> = BOLDAlways tell your HTML to stop what it’s doing by using “/” and above I used </font>Now for my categories, but first I again need to tell my code what size and color I want to use:<font size=”2”><big><b><FONT COLOR=”ff9900”>Now the categories (see screenshot to see how it looks):<li><a href=”http://halloweencrafts.tumblr.com/tagged/party”>Party Ideas</a></li><li><a href=”http://halloweencrafts.tumblr.com/tagged/labels”>Free Labels & Printbles</a></li></font>
Substitute your blog name and tags for mine. And notice how I ended with “</font>” telling my code to no longer use that font size for the rest of the sidebar.
IMPORTANT: Learn from my mistakes! Click on “Update Preview” and not “Save” just yet. Make sure you like what you see. If not just go back to “Appearance” and “Close” so your changes to the code are not permanent! If you like it click on “Save”.
This is not as hard as it seems and I’ve just tried to be as detailed as possible.
HEY LOOK. A THING.
With my Hannibal giveaway just about winding down and a new project slowly gaining traction for me on Spreadshirt, I figure rather than just doing a boring “hey look you can order these now!” post, why not do a giveaway! (In case you couldn’t tell, I fucking love giveaways).
Here’s the deal for this one:
- The winner will receive a Beacon Hills Lacrosse hoodie of their choice. This extends even to characters that I don’t have available right now - regardless of whether or not they’re actually on the team. If you want a Lydia hoodie, you’ll damn well get a Lydia hoodie. Any non-team character will be assigned a 00 as their number (or number of your choice, I guess. I can work with what you give me!).
- The hoodie will be shipped right to you from Spreadshirt - Anywhere in the world! You don’t have to pay me for anything.
- That means shipping is in Spreadshirt’s hands, not mine, so I can’t make any deadline guarantees or promises.
- Choose your own size and your own color if you’re not down with burgundy.
- Don’t want a hoodie? The winner can also decide to go with a t-shirt if they so choose!
How it works:
- One like, one reblog. That’s it. Tumblr doesn’t count multiples anyway, so you’ll just end up said if you try it.
- You MUST have your ask box open.
- Please no giveaway blogs or sideblogs. Keep it fair.
- The winner will be selected by a number generator and messaged on SEPTEMBER 25th.
post u/c - make tag list for favs, abc order
animal crossing, other games
fics, fics read,
video, watched, anime,music
art help, tumblr help, art ref, pose
fashion, flowers, lolita, deer, birds, makeup, home decor
fanart, sterek, swimming anime, sailor moon, adventure time
EDIT: text got derpy so I had to redo it (if it disappeared from your dash LOL)
RAFFLE TIME! I know you guys want free arts hehe! Again, thanks A BUNCH for 1000+ followers, it really means a lot to me as an artist. There will be 6 winners total! (as described above)
How to enter:
- You don’t have to be following me to join! (followers who entered will get an extra cheeb from me 8) *will check yo*)
- Like and or reblog to enter! (reblog will add you in again. If you are reblogging from a side blog, do tell me the main so I can add you ~v~ )
Winners will be notified via ask! SO HAVE THEM OPENNNN- (if the winner cannot be contacted/doesnt reply within 48 hours, then another winner will be chosen!
- Deadline will be at August 23rd @ 11:59PM EST
Okay so I wanted a path that looked like this but only with edges so I threw together one of my own
I saw someone request it and I really liked the design myself
(A snippet from Kiki’s Delivery Service)
GUYS ALSO LOOK AT THIS ONE!
so many talented people *holds heart*